I have baked these double chocolate muffins many times and this become one of my favourite recipe. Why not, easy to bake yet so delicious to eat! Especially if I am running out ideas what to bake as give-away, this will become my top choice.
Recipe adapted from here.
Ingredients : (for about 8 muffin, bottom dimension of muffin case 5cm)
85g self raising flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
35g cocoa powder
1/4 tsp vanilla powder (use 1/2 tsp if you are using vanilla extract/essence and put under ingredients B)
100g brown sugar
80g chocolate chips
60g butter, melted
120ml buttermilk (I replaced with chocolate milk)
20g chocolate chips (to sprinkle)
1. Sift (A) into a mixing bowl and add in 80g chocolate chips, stir and mix well.
2. Whisk (B) until well combine.
3. Pour (A) into (B) and folded gentle to mix well.
4. Fill up the muffin cases 60% full with the mixture and sprinkle 20g of the chocolate chips on top.
5. Bake in pre-heated oven at 170C for 15-20 mins.
Although I had replaced the buttermilk with chocolate milk, the muffins still tasted soft and moist, still as delicious. However I still feel that with buttermilk, the texture of the muffin is softer and moister. I had baked for my colleagues and all given praises, some even said they LOVE the muffins very much lol.