All of us are so happy and exciting over the winning of talent contest during our company DnD. This is indeed a greatest surprise for us as we only managed to practise for less than a week. According to the audiences feedback, the main reason that they voted for us was because our dance is just simply too funny, all of them were laughing non-stop until they were so full and didn't finish their food. Once I get the video clip, I will post in the blog and let you to have some laughter too :P.
I decided to bake a cake to office to celebration the winning, dear husband said I am finding excuses to bake :P.
Since the chocolate cheesecake from Honey Bee Sweet is in my Must Bake List, and I am quite sure this cake will definately be likeable by most people so I went ahead with it.
We also took some photos with the cake and prize - S$900 cash which is not a lot for 11 of us to split so we decided we shall use this money to pamper ourselves with sumptuous food. So looking forward for this rewarding meal :).
Recipe adapted from Honey Bee Sweet with some modification.
Ingredients : (for 7" cake tin & 5 cupcakes)
100g Oreo Cookies (minus the creme), crushed
30g unsalted butter
375g cream cheese, room temperature
100g caster sugar
75g chocolate, chopped
75ml whipping cream
30g cocoa powder
100g chocolate, chopped
60g whipping cream
1. Melt the butter and mix together to the crushed oreo cookies. Press the mixture into the cake pan base and chilled for later use.
2. Heat up the whipping cream and add in the chopped chocolate and stir till mix well and smooth.
3. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Pour some water to the base of the baking tray to create a water-bath. Wrap the base of the cake pan with aluminum foil to protect the water from sipping in.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar till fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat again till combined.
5. Add chocolate mixture and stir well. Lastly, sift in the cocoa powder and combine till mixture is smooth.
6. Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared cake pan with the cookie base. Bake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes (I baked the round cake for 35 mins and cupcakes for 15 mins). Making sure not to over bake, the center of the cake should still be a little "wobbly" when done.
7. Remove from oven and let cool for awhile.
8. Boil the chocolate, whipping cream and butter until mix well and smooth.
9. Pour onto the cake and let it cool completely before refrigerating. Chill for at least 4 to 6 hrs before serving.
The cake is rich, creamy and chocolately, truely yummilicous. For cheesecake and chocolate lover definately should go for it, you will never ever regret. One of my colleague even said that she is going to buy a oven to bake this cake cos she simply love it so much. Definately a keeper and I am going to bake it again for my sis.