I wanted to bake her a oreo cheesecake after knowing she likes cheesecake. Didn't bake her a chocolate cheesecake cos she just tried the chocolate cheesecake that I baked to celebrate our winning of the talent contest during our DnD.
I didn't know my cream cheese was running low which is not sufficient for most of the recipes that require 500g cream cheese. Thus I had to search through all my collections to look for recipe that only require less than 300g cream cheese and do some modification.
Actually I didn't intend to deco the side of the cake with oreo cookies but no choice in order to cover the flaw as the white chocolate coating is not smooth at all. The cake looked a bit funny with too many oreo cookies, like a spaceship or car tyre hahaha...
I only got to know she loves rum & raisins flavour during her birthday celebration. Huh... too bad that I didn't know in advance cos my spies were not able to get info for me. If not I can make her rum & raisins cheesecake which is what I am good at since I made non bake rum & raisins cheesecake a few times before and everyone raved about it hee hee hee...
Recipe adapted from Anncoo's Hobby.
For Base : 6" cake tin and 4 cupcakes
80g oreo cookies, crushed
30g Butter, melted
For Filling :
250g Cream cheese (keep at room temperature before use)
65g Whipping cream
60g Sugar (half portion to egg yolks and egg whites)
3 Egg yolks
3 Egg whites
1/2tsp Vanilla flavour
1/2tsp Lemon juice
6 oreo cookies, crushed coarsely
White Chocolate Coating :
150g white chocolate
80g whipping cream
1. Melt the butter and mix together to the crushed oreo cookies. Press the mixture into the cake pan base and chilled for later use.
2. Cream the cheese and half portion of sugar together and slowly add in the whipping cream together with vanilla flavour and lemon juice. Beat the mixture till light and fluffy and smooth at medium speed.
3. Scrape bowl and egg yolks one at a time until all combined and transfer to a larger bowl.
4. Whisk egg whites and balance sugar till peak form.
5. Use spatula to fold egg whites to cheese mixture. Mixture must be light and not watery.
6. Stir in the oreo cookies and pour the cheese mixture into prepared cake tin.
7. Steam bake at 160C for about 1 hour.
8. Remove from oven and let cool for awhile.
9. Boil the white chocolate, whipping cream and butter until mix well and smooth.
9. Pour onto the cake and let it cool completely before refrigerating. Chill and serve.
The cheesecake is cheesy, soft and moist. The taste is good with the compliment of oreo.