Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Cream Cheese & Mixed Fruits Butter Cake
Dear husband prefer fruit cake than other cakes, he has asked me to bake this cake for him to bring for his office. However from my understanding, not everyone appreciate fruit cake and I am one of them :p. Thus I was hestitated to bake it cos I prefer to bake something that is likeable by majority.
But since dear husband seldom send in his request so I die die must bake one for him.
I decided I shall bake a different kind of fruit cake and I remember I ever attracted by the photo of the cream cheese fruits cake from Aunty Yochana. I like cheese so I trust that fruit cake should be more yummier if add with cream cheese and will not as dry as traditional fruit cake.
Recipe modified from Aunty Yochana.
Ingredients: (for one 8" x 3.5" x 3" & one 7" cake tin)
190g cream cheese
250g castor sugar
300g Cake flour ) sifted together
1.5 tsp baking powder )
250g Mixed fruits - soaked overnight with 2 Tbsp. Rum/brandy/Kirsch (I soaked mine with rum for many months)
1. Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar together till creamy.
2. Add in eggs one at a time, beat well after each addition to prevent curdling.
3. Mix 4 tbsp of the sifted flour with the mixed fruits to prevent the fruits from sinking.
4. Fold in sifted flour and then add in the mixed fruits.
5. Pour mixture into a 7" square tin and bake in preheated oven at 175C for about 45 mins. or until cooked.
6. Remove from oven and leave to cool on the wire rack.
Verdict?Dear husband and his colleagues said the cake is good, they commented that the cake has strong butter taste but they can't taste any cheese in it. Dear husband said the outer layer of the small cake was a bit dried probably due to over baking but luckily the inner was still moist and soft.