Monday, June 7, 2010
Oreo Butter Cake
Remember I mentioned about my monster daughter poked the hand of her classmate in my previous post, I felt so guilty that I told dear husband that I must do something if not, the parents may think we are ignoring this incident. So I decided to write her an apology card and also bake her a cake. I flipped through my recipes shortlisted this oreo butter cake, I guess most people especially kids will like this cake.
Recipe adapted from Kitchen Caper Forum.
Ingredients : for 6" cake tin & 10 cupcakes
200g self raising Flour
1.5 tsp vanilla essence
4.5 tbsp milk
150g Oreo Cookies (clear the cream)
1. Heat oven to 200 deg C. line cake tin.
2. In a mixer, beat butter and sugar till white and fluffy.
3. Add in eggs one at a time, alternating with flour.
4. Add vanilla essence , milk and Oreo cookies into it and stir lightly.
5. Pour into baking tin and bake for about 45mins.
The cake is soft and moist, oreo cookies taste great with any cake. I brought the cupcakes to my office and colleagues gave good comments.