Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Dulce de Leche Cheesecake
I feel like baking a cheesecake since dear sister likes cheesecake a lot, I wanted to bake something with Dulce de Leche so went to search my DLL recipes folder and got this DLL cheesecake.
Recipe adapted from My Kitchen Snippets with minor modification.
Ingredients : (for 6" to 7" cake pan)
80g oreo cookies
30g melted butter
250g cream cheese
4 tbsp of sour cream (I used 2 tbsp sour cream since I left with only 2tbsp)
4 tbsp of sugar (I reduced to 2 tbsp)
1 tsp of vanilla extract
4 tbsp of light cream (I used whipping cream)
some dulce de leche
1. Prepare a spring form pan and greased it with some butter. Pre-heat oven to 160 degree.
2. Blend the oreo cookies finely in a food processor and add in melted butter. Press firmly to the baking pan and set aside. (I used roller to crush the oreo)
3. Mix all the filling ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour the filling on top of the crust.
4. Drizzle some dulce de leche over the cheesecake filling then use a skewer to swirl the DDL around. (mine all sank in the bottom)
5. Bake in the pre-heated oven at 170C for 50-60 minutes or until the center of the filling set.
6. Cool complete and drizzle more dulce de leche on the top before serving.
The cake tasted creamy and smooth, lighter version of chicago-style cheesecake. The dulce de leche topping gives extra flavour to the cheesecake. All given thumbs up on this cake, dear sister and brother likes the cake a lot. My department gals were so excited when eating the cake, kept telling me is very yummy. One of the girl even wanna lick the plate, she said how she wish that I am selling the cake so she can order another slice immediately hahaha...