My husband received a birthday invitation from one of his good friend for his daughter, he checked with me whether can I make her a cake, of course I won't say no to him since he rarely ask for it.
The request for the cake : chocolate cake base, prefer pink in color and 1.5 to 2 kg cake.
Wendy, I know you are going to say OREO AGAIN? Hahaha.... I just love to use oreo cookies in my bake :).
7 eggs (50g each averagely)
150g caster sugar
29g golden syrup
1/4 tsp salt
44g cocoa powder
146g plain flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
Method:1. Put the pot on the fire, pour in the oil immediately to heat up and off the fire when the oil start to warm.
2. Add in the cocoa powder and stir well to dissolve the cocoa powder with oil and set aside.
3. Mix eggs, sugar, salt in the mixing bowl and whisk in high speed till thick and creamy, increase the volume unitl the color turn pale.
4. Add in golden syrup and whisk in medium speed until ribbon stage.
5. Mix in the sifted flour and baking soda, whisk in low speed for 3 circles to let the flour mix into the egg mixture. Then turn to medium speed and whisk for about 20 circles (about 20 seconds) to mix well.
6. Fold 1/3 to 1/2 of the batter into cocoa mixture and mix well. Pour the mixture back to the remaining batter, add in milk to mix well.
7. Pour the batter in the cake tin till 60-70% full.
8. Bang the cake tin on the table lightly to reduce some air bubbles
9. Bake at lower heat 160 degree upper heat 180 degree for 35 -45 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
10. Invert cake onto a cooling rack until completely cooled. Remove cake from pan and serve.
Recipe for chocolate butter cream adapted from the flower shaped cake that I have made previously.
Chocolate Butter Cream :450g butter (soften)
200g melted chocolate
3 packet oreo cookies - crushed
Beat butter and icing sugar till light. Then pour in melted chocolate and mix till evenly mixed and pour in crushed oreo cookies.
Frosting :250g whipping cream
some pink coloring
Beat whipping cream and pink coloring until stiff.
1. Slice cake into 3 and apply chocolate butter cream onto each layer.
2. Frost the cake with pink whipping cream.
3. Decorate the cake as your desire.
The cake is soft, fine and spongy and the chocolate butter cream sweetness is just nice, tasted greatly with oreo cookies. This cake had received great review from the guests, most of them given me an impressive look when the host announced I am the cake maker. I felt shy but at the same time, proud and satisfaction heeheehee...