Monday, March 7, 2011
When I 1st saw these coconut cupcakes from 鲸鱼蓝蓝小窝居, I know I am going to bake it. I can imagine the fragrant of coconut for these cupcakes and with coconut flakes, coconut lovers definitely cannot resist the temptation.
Some bloggers have asking me what is coconut powder and where to get it. Here is the photo of the coconut powder, this is the brand I have, there are some other brands selling in supermarket and provision shops.
I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #5 : Fruity March (March 2011) hosted by me.
Recipe adapted from 鲸鱼蓝蓝小窝居 and 平平凡凡,简简单单
Ingredients : 25 cupcakes
200g butter (soften)
120g caster sugar
6 tbsp milk
200g cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
100g coconut powder
40g desiccated coconut
some dessiccated coconut (to drizzle on the cake)
1. Beat butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy
2. Add in egg, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
4. Add in milk and mix well.
5. Fold in sifted flour, coconut powder using spactula.
6. Add in 40g dessiccated coconut and raisins and mix well.
7. Scope the batter into the cupcake case 80% full, drizzle dessiccated coconut on the top and bake in pre-heated oven at 180C for 15 - 20 mins.
The cupcake is full of the fragrant of coconut, really very very nice. The outer layer of the cake is a bit dry due to my over baking but the inner is very soft and moist. It tasted great especially when you bite into the coconut flakes and it complement so well with the raisins, O really yummy. I had baked some to give-away and I received a lot of compliments, another keeper.