Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Mixed Fruit Coconut Cake
This cake was baked such long time ago that I nearly forgot about it. When M went back to Taiwan for CNY, she asked me what I want her to get for me. There are a lot my dear friend but the most I wanted are baking books lol. So I ordered online and delivered to her mum's house and she helped me to lug back to Spore. So to thank her mum for "lending" out her address and also helping me to receive the books, I baked this cake for her.
As she need to bring the cake on board so I need to make one that easy to hand carry. So much of consideration, I decided to use this coconut cupcake recipe that I love it a lot.
Recipe adapted from here.
Ingredients : for 7" round cake pan & 3 cupcakes
200g butter (soften)
120g caster sugar
6 tbsp coconut milk
200g cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
100g coconut powder
50g desiccated coconut
100g mixed peel and raisins
some dessicated coconut (to drizzle on the cake)
1. Beat butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy
2. Add in egg, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
4. Add in milk and mix well.
5. Fold in sifted flour, coconut powder using spactula.
6. Add in dessicated coconut, mixed fruit and mix well.
7. Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake in pre-heated oven at 150C for 35-45 mins.